- 1 pound beef, cubed
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cups water
- 12 corn tortillas
- 12 slices bacon
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Sour cream and chopped cilantro, for garnish
How do you make a taquito even more delicious than it already is? Wrap it in bacon! Yeah, we know how to celebrate over here.1) In a pot over medium heat, add beef, onion, garlic, salt and water. Stir. Simmer for 45 minutes, or until meat is very tender. Allow to cool, then shred beef.
2) Slightly heat tortillas in the microwave -- this will make them easier to roll. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of shredded beef onto each tortilla and roll to make a taquito.
3) Wrap each taquito with bacon, using a toothpick to secure both ends.
4) Heat vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium heat until it reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5) Carefully add bacon-wrapped taquitos to oil and fry for 5 to 6 minutes, or until tortillas and bacon are crispy. Make sure to flip half-way through so both sides fry evenly. Remove fried taquitos from oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
6) Top with sour cream and chopped cilantro, serve and enjoy!