Blueberries and lemon are a perfect combo, especially in this Baked Blueberry
Toast. Make it with KING'S HAWAIIAN bread for a truly perfect brunch meal! King's Hawaiian blueberry french toast recipe with the courtesy of Damn Delicious
! See the following ingredients for Hawaiian roll french toast bake:
- Lightly coat a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Place a layer of bread cubes evenly into the baking dish. Top with blueberries in an even layer, repeating 2 more times and ending with a layer of bread.
- In a large glass measuring cup or a bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, maple syrup, lemon zest, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour mixture evenly over the bread cubes. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To make the crumb topping, combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add cold butter cubes and toss to coat, using your fingers to work the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the bread cubes.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with confectioners' sugar, if desired.