- 2 white onions
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
2) Peel both onions and cut in half, then peel the layers apart. You want the 4 biggest layers to wrap around the meat. Dice the leftover onion that is too small to wrap around the meat.
3) In a large bowl, add ground beef, diced onion, chili powder, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, ketchup, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix until fully combined.
4) Using your hands, make four large meatballs out of the ground beef. Place 1 stick of pepper jack cheese in the center of each ball. Wrap each ball in the onion layers.
5) Wrap onion bombs with bacon. You'll need anywhere from 3 to 4 slices of bacon per onion. Use toothpicks to keep the bacon in place.
6) Place on the lined baking tray and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cover with bbq sauce, then return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
7) Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!