- 2 packages cornbread mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups shredded cheese blend
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, add cornbread mix, milk, and eggs. Mix until fully combined. Pour into a greased cast-iron skillet or any oven-safe dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Add sour cream, avocado, salt, pepper, and lime juice to a food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cornbread. Pour BBQ sauce over bread and spread it around, so the sauce gets into the holes. Top with chicken and cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted and slightly browned. Remove from the oven.
- Serve with avocado cream sauce, garnish with chopped cilantro and enjoy!