- 1 loaf round sourdough or French bread
- 1 8 ounce wheel brie cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2) Place bread on baking tray. Cut the top off, and remove the insides. Be careful not to remove too much, as you want the inside to be sturdy. It's a good idea to measure how large your wheel of brie is.
3) Spread butter inside bread. Using a sharp serrated knife, making 1 inch cuts around the edge of the bread. Don't cut all the way through. This will create the bloomin' effect.
4) In a small bowl, mix together sugar, chili powder, garlic powder and ground mustard. Sprinkle mixture evenly inside bread bowl.
5) Stuff bread bowl with mozzarella cheese, and finally with wheel of brie. You want the mozzarella to almost cover the brie.
6) Replace the top of the bread and bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted and bread is toasted.
7) Serve and enjoy!