Serves: 8 people
Cooking Time: 6 - 8 hours
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted, if desired, for more flavor
- 1/2 cup cilantro, leaves lightly packed
- 2 large avocados, pits removed and flesh scooped out
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons for coating meat
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 1/4 pounds bone-in short ribs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Adams Reserve Lopez Family Rub, plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup Wondra Flour
- 2 limes, thinly sliced, ends discarded
- 12 flour tortillas, plus more as needed
- In a food processor, combine poblanos, cilantro, avocados, lime juice, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Blend until smooth, then add salt and pepper. Refrigerate to allow flavors to meld. (Note: This step can be done a day ahead).
- In a bowl, toss short ribs with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, Adams rub, and flour.
- Place seasoned ribs in a slow cooker with sliced limes. Set heat to low and cook until meat is pull-apart tender, approximately 6 to 8 hours.
- Once the meat is tender, shred, and serve on tortillas. Garnish with avocado sauce and any other taco condiments as desired.