- 1 1/2 pounds breakfast sausage
- 1 package 12 Hawaiian rolls
- 8 large eggs, scrambled
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 slices American or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Press sausage into a square shape on the baking sheet. You want the square to be approximately the size of the connected Hawaiian buns.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or just until the sausage is cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Cut the connected buns in half horizontally. Remove the top layer of buns. Place bottoms in a baking dish.
- Scoop scrambled eggs onto bottom buns and top with Monterey Jack cheese. Place sausage on top and cover with American cheese slices. Place on the top layer of buns.
- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter and maple syrup until combined. Brush over tops of rolls, letting it drip down the sides. Make sure you use all the maple butter.
- Place back in the oven and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tops are golden and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!