- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup black beans, divided
- 1/4 cup diced red onion, divided
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Fill a deep skillet halfway full with oil. Heat until it reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Carefully add tortillas to hot oil and fry until both sides are golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add eggs and fry to your satisfaction.
- Now it's time to build your tostada! Divide black beans evenly between a fried tortilla and mash onto the tortilla. Top each tostada with a fried egg, red onions, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese, avocado and a sprinkle of cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!