You know when you go to Panera Bread and you're like, "Their Broccoli Cheddar Soup is the best. I wish I could have this at home all the time." Well, now you can! Follow this recipe and enjoy Broccoli Cheddar Soup whenever you want. And if you're a vegetarian, replace the chicken broth with veggie broth and you're good to go!
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onions, carrots, and broccoli. Stir. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- To the pot, slowly add chicken broth, milk, heavy cream, and flour. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle in salt, pepper, and chili flakes. Stir and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until soup thickens.
- Once the soup is thick, stir in cheddar cheese and heat until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve with warm bread and enjoy it!