- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons chili seasoning
- Pinch of salt
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa, plus more for serving
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
- 2 (8.5-ounce) boxes corn bread mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 cups shredded California Oaxaca cheese
- California queso fresco, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add turkey to a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in chili seasoning and salt. Cook until turkey is browned.
- Add salsa, corn and cilantro to skillet. Mix until combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine corn bread mix, eggs and milk. Whisk together, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Spread half of the corn bread batter in the bottom of an oven-safe skillet or baking dish. Top with turkey mixture, California Oaxaca cheese, the rest of the corn bread batter and more California Oaxaca cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.When serving, top with salsa, California queso fresco and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!