We love caramel apples. We love funnel cake. So it only made sense to bring the two of them together! Want it more apple-ie? Add more apple sauce! OR! Shred some apples and throw them in. We like that idea, too.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon until combined.
- In a blender or in a bowl with a mixer, combine coconut milk, eggs, vanilla, apple sauce and sugar. Blend or mix until fully combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and blend or mix until combined. Scoop batter into a squeeze bottle or a ziplock bag with a corner cut off.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a medium skillet until it reaches 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Pipe batter into the oil, making either a funnel cake shape or a shape of your choice. Fry cake for 30 seconds on each side, or until golden brown. Make sure to flip so both sides fry evenly.
- Remove cakes from oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Top with powdered sugar, vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. Serve and enjoy!