Give us a big bowl of Cheddar Beer And Broccoli Soup anytime!
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in shallots and carrots. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk until smooth.
- Stir in vegetable broth, beer, broccoli, bay leaves, nutmeg, paprika and salt. Bring to a simmer. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until broccoli is softened.
- Remove bay leaves and puree soup. You can do this by removing the soup from the stove and pouring it into a blender in batches, or by using an immersion blender. If you do it in an actual blender, make sure the soup is cool so the blender does not break.
- Return pot of soup to stove over low heat. Stir in cheese until it is fully melted and creamy.
- Remove from heat, ladle into bowls, serve with more cheese if desired and enjoy!