- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 35 - 40 Oreo cookies
- Vanilla cake batter, plus ingredients listed on the package
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla, beat until combined. Add eggs and beat just until blended.
3) Pour cheesecake filling onto line baking sheet and spread out into an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
4) While cheesecake filling cools, prepare cake batter according to package directions.
5) Once cheesecake is cooled, use a round cookie cutter, about the size of the Oreos, and cut out rounds. Place cheesecake filling rounds between Oreos, placing on top of the cream already in the Oreos. Place a wooden skewer in the center and seal Oreos tightly.
6) Fill a deep skillet about halfway full with oil and heat until it reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
7) Dip cheesecake Oreos into cake batter, coating fully. Carefully add dipped Oreos into hot oil and fry for 3 minutes, or until a golden brown on both sides. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
8) Top with powdered sugar, serve and enjoy!