- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 jar Fox Gourmet lemon curd
- 3/4 cup mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sprucewood Homemade Cookie Co. shortbread, for serving
Simpler than a traditional souffle, but with all of the flavor! The contrast of the sweet, soft “souffle” with the sweetened berries and the crisp shortbread is irresistible. Use whatever berries you have on hand.
1) Whisk together egg whites with 3/4 cup sugar over a double boiler over moderate heat util foamy, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and beat until doubled in size, 6 to 10 minutes, then fold in lemon curd.
2) In another mixing bowl, beat heavy whipping cream until stiff, about 5 minutes, then fold into the egg and lemon mixture in 2 parts. Divide the cream into four small ramekins and freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
3) Toss mixed berries with 2 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice. Allow to soften for 15 minutes, then distribute over the chilled ramekins. Serve with shortbread on the side and enjoy!