Serves: 2 people
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 LA MORENA Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, OR use 2 chilies, depending on taste
- 1 cup crema mexicana, or heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
Recipe courtesy of Mama Maggie's Kitchen!
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the pan. Cook the chicken for 4 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic. Cook for 2 more minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink and the onion is translucent.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, add the chipotle peppers, crema Mexicana, milk, and salt. Blend until smooth. Taste for salt.
- Add the sauce to the skillet. Bring to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 2 minutes. Turn the heat off.
- Serve with white rice. Enjoy!