Chocolate Chip Caramel Bars are full of all the delicious things you love.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with foil and grease with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamed and fluffy. Beat in eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt until combined.
- Slowly beat in 4 cups of flour until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, mix together caramel sauce and 1/4 cup flour until combined.
- Press about 2/3 of cookie dough in the bottom and about 1/2-inch up the sides of prepared baking dish. Top with caramel sauce and remaining cookie dough.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown. The center will still be jiggly.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before serving. Enjoy!