- 4 large egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 ounces shredded coconut
- 1 cup milk or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a stainless steel bowl, beat egg whites and a pinch of salt with a standing mixer or hand mixer. Gradually add sugar and almond extract while mixing. Continue until stiff peaks form.
- With a spatula, gently fold in shredded coconut.
- Drop scoops of coconut mixture onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the outside is golden.
- Remove meringues from oven and allow to cool completely.
- While meringues cool, melt chocolate chips in the microwave at 30-second intervals, stirring each time until chocolate is smooth.
- Drizzle cooled meringues with melted chocolate, serve and enjoy!