- 24 Oreo cookies + plus 10 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- White cake mix, prepared according to package instructions
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Blue food coloring
- 24 mini chocolate chip cookies + 10 mini chocolate cookies, crushed
- 4 to 6 tablespoons milk
- 48 candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare cake mix according to package instructions.
- Line 24 cupcake tins with cupcake liners. Place an Oreo cookie in the bottom of each liner. Fill each liner 2/3 full with batter. Bake cupcakes for 15 minutes, or until tops spring back when touched lightly in the center. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- While cupcakes cool, make the frosting. Beat together butter, vanilla and whipping cream on medium-low speed until smooth and combined. Gradually add in powdered sugar. Once it's all been added, beat on medium-high for 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in crushed Oreos. Stir in 4 drops of blue coloring, adding more until the correct Cookie Monster color is achieved. Scoop into a piping bag or a ziplock bag with the corner cut off.
- To make the cupcake filling, combine crushed mini chocolate chip cookies with 4 tablespoons of milk. If it's too dry, add a little more milk. You want it to be thick. Cut out the center of each cupcake, fill with cookie crumbs, and top with cupcake piece you removed.
- Frost with blue frosting. Top each cupcake with 2 candy eyes and 1 mini chocolate chip cookie.
- Serve and enjoy!