- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese, plus more if necessary
- 6 jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 15 large shrimp
- Cook bacon in a skillet, but don't cook all the way through. Only about 2 or 3 minutes per side. Remove from skillet.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a small bowl whisk together salt, paprika, ground pepper, cayenne and allspice until combined.
- Peel shrimp and devein, but leave the tails on. Cut a slit in the back of the shrimp and stuff with Monterey Jack cheese and a jalapeno slices.
- Wrap shrimp with bacon, cutting off any excess bacon to use for other shrimp. Secure bacon and shrimp with a toothpick.
- Place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Broil for 3 to 4 minutes, or until bacon is crispy, shrimp is cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!