- 1 can (7 ounce) LA MORENA Pickled Jalapenos
- 1 can (7 ounce) LA MORENA Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 1 can (10 ounce) fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cans (10 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Taco-size tortillas
- Remove the LA MORENA Pickled Jalapenos from the can. Slice off the tops with the stems and remove the seeds. Dice up the jalapenos. Then combine the jalapenos, LA MORENA Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, and fire-roasted tomatoes. Use an immersion blender or food processor to combine them all together. If you want a little less heat, use fewer jalapenos.
- Put the chicken breasts into a slow cooker and cover with some of the sauce. Reserve the rest of the sauce for later. Cook the chicken on low for 6-8 hours. Then remove the chicken and shred it.
- Combine the sour cream, cream of chicken soup, and 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack cheese and mix to combine.
- Assemble your enchiladas. First, lay down a tortilla. Then spread on some of the sour cream/creams of chicken/cheese mixture. Top with some shredded chicken. Then roll them up. If you are making more mild enchiladas then go easy on how much of the mixture you spread on now as you’ll want to reserve some to top the enchiladas in the end.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Choose one of two ways to finish the enchiladas. It all just depends on how spicy you want yours to be. For spicier enchiladas, top the enchiladas with the chipotle/tomato/jalapenos sauce you reserved. Then top with Monterey jack cheese. For more mild enchiladas, spread with the remaining cream cheese/cream of chicken/cheese mixture top with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Put the enchiladas back in the oven for 5 more minutes. Serve and enjoy!