Serves: 3 People
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups farfalle pasta (penne also works)
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving3
Creamy pasta with a kick of lemon and crunch of asparagus. Loving it!
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. About halfway through cooking pasta, add asparagus to boiling water. Continue cooking until pasta is al dente and asparagus is just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Whisk in flour.
- Add milk, stirring until combine. Cook until the sauce starts to thicken, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to simmer and stir in lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking until the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Add pasta and asparagus to the sauce, stirring until everything is combined and fully coated.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese when ready to serve. Enjoy!