- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 9-inch pie shell
- 2 tablespoons butter, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, salt, and heavy whipping cream until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together half and half, egg yolks, and vanilla extract.
- Add egg mixture to sugar mixture and lightly mix together.
- Pour mixture into pie shell. Place the butter evenly around the top of the pie. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until it is browned on top and only slightly jiggly in the center. Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!