Serves: 8 people
Cooking Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1-inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch slurry (3 tablespoons cornstarch + 3 tablespoons cold water)
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 sheet puff pasty
- 1 egg, beaten8
Kick up a classic with this Curry Chicken Pot Pie!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions, potatoes, and squash. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add carrots, garlic, celery, and ginger. Continue cooking until tender. Stir in curry powder and flour.
- Add chicken, season with salt and pepper. Add chicken broth to the pot, stir until combined. When it begins to boil, stir in the cornstarch slurry.
- Stir in peas and chopped cilantro.
- Transfer chicken mixture to a deep baking dish. Cover dish with puff pastry. Brush with egg wash and make a few small slits in the top of the puff pastry.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!