- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup root beer
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together root beer, egg, and a teaspoon of oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until fully combined. Scoop batter into a piping bag, a ziplock bag with the corner cut off, or a squeeze bottle.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a medium saucepan until it reaches 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Pipe batter into the oil, making either a funnel cake shape or a shape of your choice. Fry cake for 30 seconds on each side, or until golden brown. Make sure to flip so both sides fry evenly.
- Remove cakes from oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Top with powdered sugar and vanilla ice cream. Serve and enjoy!