- 3 pounds beef chuck roast or brisket
- 1/4 cup lime juice or lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons LA MORENA Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce
- 1 cup broth chicken, vegetable or beef
- Cut the beef into 2- by 2-inch pieces. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, and oregano. Place in a slow cooker.
- Add lime juice, bay leaves, LA MORENA Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce, and broth. Add garlic and onion. Cook on high for 6-7 hours, until tender.
- Remove meat and transfer to a cutting board. Shred with 2 forks.
- Strain the cooking liquid and reserve all or some of it for serving.
- Return meat to the pot and keep it warm.