Remember when we showed you how to make your own butter
? Well, now we're gonna show you how to make French bread! From scratch! Eat it with the homemade butter!
- In a large bowl, combine yeast and warm water. Whisk until the yeast has dissolved.
- Add sugar, salt, and flour. Knead ingredients together until a soft dough forms.
- Place a thin towel over the bowl and allow the dough to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate dough into two, roll onto a floured surface, and shape into long loaves. Place both loaves onto a lined baking sheet.
- Make slits on top of the bread with a sharp knife. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until bread is golden brown and crusty.
- Serve with your favorite spreads and enjoy!