Fried Eggplant Pockets are a classic Chinese dish that you can very easily replicate at home. Enjoy!
- Cut the eggplants into 1/2 inch slices. Then carefully cut a slit in the middle of those slices. Do not cut all the way. This will make your "pocket."
- In a bowl, mix together ground pork, soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, spring onion, ginger, cornstarch and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the coating until fully combined.
- Fill a deep skillet about halfway full with oil and heat to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stuff each eggplant pocket with pork mixture, then lightly coat in egg wash. Carefully add to hot oil and fry for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Whisk together ingredients for the dipping sauce. Serve with fried eggplant pockets and enjoy!