Fried Mac And Cheese Balls. We know, we love them, too.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add butter and garlic to a large pot over medium heat. When melted and combined, add flour and whisk together for about 1 minute. Slowly add milk, whisking continuously until the mixture begins to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- When it begins to bubble, add cheese, whisking until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth and thick. Add cooked pasta to the cheese sauce, stirring until the pasta is fully coated.
- Pour mac and cheese into a casserole dish. Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, or until hardened.
- Fill a deep skillet halfway with oil and heat until 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scoop mac and cheese with an ice cream scoop to create 1 1/2 inch balls. Coat in flour, then egg wash, then panko.
- Carefully add to hot oil and fry for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve and enjoy!