Serves: 12 People
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- FOR THE PICKLES
- 10 dill pickles, patted dry and cut into spears
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten (for egg wash)
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoon hot sauce of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Fried Pickles are the party appetizer you deserve.
- Add garlic powder to flour and whisk to combine.
- Dredge pickles first in flour, then in egg wash and finally in bread crumbs, making sure they are fully coated.
- Pour about 2 inches of oil into a deep skillet and heat until it reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Working in batches, carefully add coated pickles to hot oil and fry for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel lined plate.
- To make the sauce, whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl until combined.
- Serve fried pickles with sauce, serve and enjoy! Be careful biting into the pickles as they will be very hot.