It's GIANT shrimp banh mi!
- In a large mason jar mix together sugar, rice vinegar, salt and boiling water until salt and sugar dissolve.
- Add carrots and cucumbers to mason jar and shake until fully coated. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and voila! Quick pickled veggies.
- In a bowl mix together garlic, soy sauce, sugar, lemon juice and lime zest. Pour over shrimp and mix until shrimp is fully coated.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place shrimp in skillet in a single layer. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side until pink and cooked through.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and sriracha to make sriracha mayo. Taste and add more sriracha if desired.
- Cut French loaf open and broil until slightly toasted. Spread sriracha mayo on one side. Top with shrimp, quick pickled veggies, sliced jalapenos and cilantro.
- Carefully cut banh mi, serve and enjoy!