- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Cornstarch slurry (2 teaspoons cornstarch + 1/4 cup cold water)
- 1 pound (16 - 20) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 pineapple slices, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Teriyaki sauce
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine brown sugar, water, honey, ginger, garlic and soy sauce. Bring to a boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch slurry. Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Make your shrimp kebabs my skewering shrimp, pineapple chunks and red onion onto a stick.
- Place finished kebabs in a deep dish and cover with marinade. Marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill kebabs over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes per side, or until shrimp is fully cooked. While grilling, brush with teriyaki sauce if desired.
- Remove from heat, serve with teriyaki sauce and enjoy!