- 2 (8-ounce) salmon filets, skin removed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado
- Lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon and 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup half and half
1) Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper.
2) Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add salmon and sear on both sides for 5 to 6 minutes, or until salmon is cooked to your liking. You can also do this on the grill.
3) While salmon sears, make the avocado sauce. To a food processor or blender add avocado, lemon juice, garlic, basil, 1/2 cup olive oil and half and half. Blend until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
4) Serve salmon with avocado sauce on top. Enjoy!