Serves: 30 people
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- FOR THE WONTONS
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 1 pound pulled pork, cooked
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
These Hawaiian Wontons are great as an appetizer, or even as a new kind of dinner option!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a baking tray with a generous amount of cooking spray.
- Build your wontons! Lay a wonton wrapper down in a diamond shape. Top with pulled pork, diced pineapples, red onion and green onion. Brush a little bit of water on the edges and pinch together. (It'll look more like a taco than a wonton!)
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until wonton wrappers start to brown.
- While wontons bake, make the sauce! In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add all the ingredients and whisk together until combined. Bring to a boil. Whisk and reduce to a simmer. Continue cooking until sauce has thickened.
- Remove wontons from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Drizzle with sauce, serve and enjoy!