- FOR COCKTAIL
- 6 ounces Ruby Grapefruit White Claw Hard Seltzer
- 1 ounce rum
- 1 ounce grapefruit shrub
- 1/2 ounce Luxardo maraschino cherry liqueur
- Grapefruit wedge, for garnish (optional)
- FOR GRAPEFRUIT SHRUB
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 ruby red grapefruit
1) To make the shrub, add the sugar and vinegar to a large jar with a tight-fitting lid (like a mason jar). Peel and section the grapefruit, being careful to remove the bitter white pith. Add the grapefruit pieces to the jar, close the lid and shake vigorously. Refrigerate for 2 to 3 days. If possible, give the jar a good shake once or twice each day.
2) When the shrub is ready, pour the mixture into a blender or small food processor and blend until pureed. Pour through a fine mesh strainer into a bottle.
(Note: The shrub will last in the fridge for about a week.)
3) To make the cocktail, add the rum, shrub and cherry liqueur to a chilled cocktail glass filled with ice and stir. Top with Ruby Grapefruit White Claw Hard Seltzer. Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit, if desired.
Beer with Natural Flavors. Please Drink Responsibly. ©2017.™ Trade-mark and Copyright owned by White Claw Seltzer Works, Chicago, IL 60661.