- 1 bag Cooked Perfect meatballs, any variety
- 4 sub rolls
- Provolone cheese slices
- For the sauce:
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
This take on a classic Italian Meatball Sub is loaded with all of the delicious ingredients that make up the perfect sub from the local sandwich shop -- but allows you to have that same great taste in just minutes. It's perfect for serving at your next party or even as lunch. Looking for a smaller portion? Try using Cooked Perfect Italian 1/2-ounce Meatballs or Homestyle Meatballs. These bite-size meatballs make the perfect meatball sub snack.
1) Bake meatballs according to package instructions and keep warm.
2) Combine and cook all sauce ingredients in a pan until warm and thoroughly combined.
3) Add meatballs to sauce and then stir to combine.
4) Add meatballs to sub rolls and top with Provolone cheese.
5) Broil sandwiches until cheese melts.
6) Serve and enjoy.