- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
1) Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2) Add chicken to skillet and season both sides with kosher salt, chili powder and cumin. Cook for 4 minutes on each, until golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
3) Reduce heat to medium and add remaining olive oil to skillet. Add onions and jalapenos. Saute, stirring occasionally, until softened. About 5 minutes. Add garlic and pepper. Saute for another 30 seconds.
4) Add chicken broth and cream cheese. Stir until melted. Stir in cheddar cheese.
5) When cheese has melted and sauce is simmering, add chicken breasts back to skillet. Coat chicken in sauce. Cover skillet, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for another 7 to 9 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
6) Serve chicken with sauce on the side and enjoy!