- 18 mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely diced jalapeno
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- Olive oil, for frying
- Wash mushrooms very well. You can use either cremini or white button. Remove stems and chop.
- In a bowl, add chopped mushroom stems, cheddar cheese, cream cheese and jalapenos. Mix until fully combined.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps, pressing it in until the caps are full.
- Coat mushrooms first in flour, then egg and finally bread crumbs, making sure they're fully coated.
- Heat enough olive oil to completely cover the bottom of a large pan. Add mushrooms to oil and fry for about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Allow cooling for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy! And remember to be careful, because they will be hot!