Serves: 1 people
Cooking Time: 15 minutes, plus 8 hours chilling
- FOR THE CHEESE BALL:
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup LA MORENA Sliced Jalapenos (from a 28 ounce can), chopped
- FOR THE COATING:
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup toasted Panko bread crumbs
Recipe courtesy of The Spiffy Cookie!
- Stir together butter, cheeses, and seasonings until well blended. Fold in the chopped LA MORENA Sliced Jalapenos. Press into a 2-cup mold or bowl lined with plastic wrap (I used a cereal bowl). Chill at least 8 hours or overnight (you must do this or it will have no flavor).
- When ready to serve, in a medium bowl combine the crumbled bacon and bread crumbs. Invert the cheese into the bowl and press the mixture onto the top and sides of the cheese ball. Serve with crackers or pretzels.