- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Light Brown Spots
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- Dark Brown Spots
Important question: Can I eat Leopard Print Bread for every meal?1) In a bowl, whisk together warm milk, sugar and active dry yeast. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl, mix together flour and salt. Add yeast mixture, vanilla extract and butter. Mix until combined. Remove from bowl onto a floured surface and knead for 3 to 5 minutes.
3) Roll bread into a ball and cut in half. Place 1 half in a bowl, cover and allow to rise for 1 hour.
4) Take the second half and roll into a ball. Divide in two.
5) To one half, add 1/2 tablespoon milk mixed with 1 teaspoon cocoa powder. Knead until combined. This will make your light brown spots. Place in a bowl, cover and allow to rise for 1 hour.
6) To the second half, add 1 tablespoon milk, mixed with 3 teaspoons cocoa powder. Knead until combined. This will make your dark brown spots. Place in a bowl, cover and allow to rise for 1 hour.
7) After 1 hour, divide each piece of dough into 7 balls. Roll out balls: light brown dough will be a long cylinder, dark brown dough and regular dough will roll out flat. Wrap dark brown dough around light brown dough, and wrap normal dough around both. Continue until all the dough is used. You will have 7 pieces of dough.
8) Line a bread pan with parchment paper and place dough in pan -- 3 rolls on the bottom 4 on top (like paws!). Cover and allow to rise for another 30 to 40 minutes.
9) Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
10) Brush dough with melted butter and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
11) Cut with a bread knife, serve and enjoy!