- 2 tablespoons Real California butter
- 3 (6- to 7-inch) corn tortillas, halved and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Salt, to taste
- 3/4 cup Real California sour cream or creme fraiche
- 1 chipotle pepper (from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce), minced, or more to taste
- 12 iceberg lettuce leaves, trimmed into a bowl shape
- 1 pound cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups tender cilantro sprigs
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add tortilla strips and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisped about 4 minutes. Remove to a plate and sprinkle with salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and chipotle pepper. Add salt (and additional chipotle peppers to taste if desired). Set aside.
- Fill lettuce leaves with chicken, cilantro, tortilla strips, some chipotle mixture, and cheese, if using. Serve with the remaining chipotle mixture on the side.