- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 egg
- 8 to 10 egg roll wrappers
- 8 to 10 cheddar cheese sticks
- Preheat oil in a deep skillet until it reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl mix together mashed potatoes, green onions, bacon, garlic powder, onion powder and egg until fully combined.
- Lay out egg roll wrapper and scoop potato mixture in the center. Smooth out and place a piece of cheese over potatoes.
- Wet the edges of the egg roll wrapper with a bit of water, then carefully roll up into an egg roll.
- Carefully add egg rolls to hot oil and fry for 4 to 5 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown. Remove from oven and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve and enjoy!