There's just something so comforting about an apple cinnamon roll with deliciously sweet maple syrup icing.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the apple filling, heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apples and brown sugar. Cook, stirring often until apples are softened and caramelized. About 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To make the cinnamon rolls, roll out crescent dough and pinch together. Spread butter over dough. Mix together cinnamon and sugar, and generously coat the dough. Top with apples and more cinnamon sugar.
- Gently roll into a log. Slice and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until rolls is golden brown.
- While rolls bake, make the icing. Beat butter until fluffy. Add maple syrup and milk and continue beating until completely combined, smooth and fluffy.
- Spread icing on warm cinnamon rolls, serve and enjoy!