- 26 (1-ounce) frozen Cooked Perfect Meatballs
- 1 (16-ounce) package lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 26 ounces marinara sauce, divided
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas, divided
- 3 ounces fresh basil leaves
You've obviously had spaghetti and meatballs, but have you ever thought to try a Meatball Lasagna?!1) In a pot of boiling water, cook lasagna noodles until al dente, remove from water, drizzle with olive oil and set aside.
2) Stir ricotta cheese and egg until blended well. Stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese; set aside.
3) Spread 1 cup marinara sauce in bottom of a lightly greased 13" by 9" baking dish. Layer 1/3 of cooked lasagna noodles to cover sauce. Top with Cooked Perfect Meatballs. Spoon 3 cups sauce over meatballs and then sprinkle with 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese and half of the green peas. Layer basil leaves and 1/3 of lasagna noodles evenly over mozzarella. Spread ricotta cheese mixture over noodles, add remaining green peas and top with remaining noodles and sauce.
4) Bake, covered, at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 10 more minutes. Let stand 15 minutes.