- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 12 maraschino cherries, blotted dry
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups pineapple juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Caramel sauce
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Grease a 12 cup muffin tin with melted butter. Evenly distribute brown sugar and pineapple chunks into each muffin cup. Top each with 1 maraschino cherry.
3) In a large bowl, whisk together yellow cake mix, pineapple juice, eggs and vegetable oil until combined and completely smooth.
4) Evenly divide cake batter into each muffin cup.
5) Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
6) Turn the muffin tin upside down to remove pineapple cakes. They should slide right out, but still be careful!
7) Drizzle cakes with caramel sauce, serve and enjoy!