Skip to content
- 2/3 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 cubes
- 1/2 cup bottled strained tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Mozzarella Stuffed Monster Meatballs? Are these magical meatballs? Yes they are.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combined bread crumbs and milk. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in egg, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt and black pepper. Mix in ground beef until just combined, do not overmix.
- Shape mixture into 8 meatballs. To stuff with cheese, make an indent with your thumb and place a cube of cheese in it. Reshape meatballs around the cube. Place stuffed meatballs into a muffin tin.
- In a bowl, whisk together strained tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar, cinder vinegar and dried parsley. Spoon over meatballs.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, serve and enjoy!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.