Once you make this Overnight French Toast Bake, you'll never be able to make any other french toast again!
- In a bowl, add 1 cup brown sugar and melted butter. Stir until combined.
- In a large bowl whisk together milk, eggs, powdered sugar, and vanilla until combined.
- Evenly pour brown sugar mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Top with half of the sliced bread, half of the egg mixture, and half of the cinnamon sugar. Repeat one more layer with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. (If necessary, 3 or 4 hours will also work, but overnight is better.)
- When ready to bake, bring french toast to room temperature and heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered with aluminum foil. Remove foil, and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup and powdered sugar. Enjoy!