Pecan Pie Bars? Instead of pecan pie? Trust us! They are delightful and delicious.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil, making sure some of the foil hangs off the sides.
- First, prepare the crust. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Mix in salt. Gradually add flour and continue mixing until crumbly.
- Grease foil-lined baking dish with cooking spray. Press pie crust evenly into baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While crust bakes, make the pecan filling. Combine butter, heavy cream, brown sugar and honey in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir together. Simmer for 1 minute, then stir in pecans.
- Remove crust from oven and immediately pour pecan mixture evenly over it, you want the pie crust still hot.
- Return to oven and bake for 20 more minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting.
- Serve and enjoy!