Serves: 6 people
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 10 corn tortillas
- Canola oil
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1 (7-ounce) can LA MORENA Chipotle Sauce
- 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (13 ounce) can LA MORENA Sliced Jalapeno Peppers
- Diced tomato, for topping
Recipe courtesy of Chili Pepper Madness!
- Slice the corn tortillas in half and set aside.
- Add enough canola oil to a large pot to fill about 1 1/2 inches and heat to medium. Do not bring to a boil. The temperature should be 375 degrees F.
- Add the halved tortillas in small batches and fry them about a minute per side, until they are lightly browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle them with salt. Allow cooling.
- Combine the refried beans in a bowl with about half of the LA MORENA Chipotle Sauce. Mix well and reserve the remaining sauce.
- Spread a spoonful of chipotle-refried beans over each tortilla, then top them with cheddar cheese.
- Bake them at 350 degrees F for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is nicely melted.
- Serve with LA MORENA Sliced Jalapeno Peppers and diced tomato over the tops, with drizzled LA MORENA Chipotle Sauce.