- 2 boxes (16-ounces each) Mrs. T's Classic Onion Pierogies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 (15-ounce) jar salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, for serving (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) In a saute pan, sear pierogies in olive oil just until golden, about 2 minutes on each side. Do not cook all the way through. Set pierogies aside.
3) In the same saute pan, add ground beef and taco seasoning, combine well. Cook until browned. Remove from heat and drain. Stir in salsa.
4) In a greased circular pie dish, layer one box of pierogies. Top with 1 cup of cheddar cheese and all of the beef mixture. Add one more layer of pierogies and cover with remaining cheese.
5) Bake for 20 minutes, or until pierogies are cooked and cheese is crispy. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
6) Slice and serve with sour cream, if desired, and enjoy!