Serves: 6 people
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 large loaf Italian or French bread
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 ounces mini pepperonis
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
We found the one and only way to improve garlic bread.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the loaf of bread in half and hollow out the insides, making sure to leave enough to keep the bread sturdy.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, pepperonis, pizza sauce and oregano until combined.
- Scoop mixture into one side of the loaf and cover with the second side. Slice bread into pieces about 1 inch thick, but do not cut all the way.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter and garlic powder. Brush onto the top of the loaf.
- Wrap loaf in tin foil and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve with more pizza sauce if desired and enjoy!